Animal Surrender and Wildlife Care

The doors of Sunridge Animal Hospital are always open to assist animals in need. During our regular business hours, our team is available to take in wildlife that have been found sick or injured. Our veterinarians and staff will go above and beyond to take care of them and make sure they are transferred to the proper specialist or rehab facility.

We do recommend that if possible, you contact your local licensed wildlife rehabilitator for assistance first. They will answer all your questions and provide you with information about what to do next. However, if you are unable to reach a wildlife rehabilitation facility but are able to reach a member of our team, we can manage the animal’s care until the proper authorities can be contacted.

Do note that it is illegal to attempt to rehabilitate and wildlife without a proper permit, and keeping wild animals as pets is also illegal.

sad brown dog paws on fence

If you have an animal that is in distress, please call our animal hospital at (702) 896-1716

What to Do if You Find a Sick or Injured Wild Animal

Here are some important tips to keep in mind if you come across wildlife that is sick or injured and are unable to reach animal control or a wildlife rehab facility:

  • Approach the animal with caution. Secure a sturdy box or crate and place a sheet or towel in the bottom so the animal is able to stand comfortably.
  • Place a towel or sheet over the top of the box or crate to reduce the animal’s stress.
  • Wear sturdy, protective gloves when handling the animal in case they scratch or bite.
  • Make sure the top of the crate or box is well secured so the animal can’t escape.
  • Do not attempt to feed the animal or give them water
  • Call our office is immediately

If possible, try to get in contact with a wildlife rehabilitation center first.

Nevada Department of Wildlife
Phone: (702) 486-5127

List of Nevada Wildlife Rehabilitators